Tazorac Overdose

Some of the possible symptoms of an overdose with Tazorac (tazarotene) include significant skin peeling, redness, and discomfort. If you happen to take too much of this medication, seek immediate medical attention. Besides stopping the medication temporarily, treatment will also consist of supportive care, which involves treating symptoms that occur as a result of the overdose.

Can You Use Too Much Tazorac?

Tazorac® (tazarotene) is a prescription medication approved to treat psoriasis and acne. As with most medications, it is probably possible to take an overdose of Tazorac. The specific effects of an overdose could be dangerous, but would vary, depending on a number of factors, including the Tazorac dosage and how it was taken (applied to the skin or taken by mouth).
 

What Are the Effects of an Overdose?

Applying too much Tazorac (or applying it too often) may result in overdose symptoms such as significant redness, peeling, and discomfort. If the medicine is accidentally taken by mouth, which might happen with a young child or a pet, signs and symptoms similar to a vitamin A overdose may occur, since Tazorac is related to vitamin A.
 
(For more information, click Vitamin A Overdose.)
 

Treatment for a Tazorac Overdose

Treatment, if necessary, will involve supportive care, which consists of treating the symptoms that occur as a result of the overdose. Of course, treatment will also involve stopping Tazorac, at least temporarily.
 
It is important that you seek prompt medical attention if you believe that you or someone else may have overdosed on Tazorac.
 

Tazorac Medication Information

Referring Pages:
Terms of Use
Advertise with Us
Contact Us
About eMedTV
Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2006-2017 Clinaero, Inc.
eMedTV serves only as an informational resource. This site does not dispense medical advice or advice of any kind. Site users seeking medical advice about their specific situation should consult with their own physician. Click Terms of Use for more information.