Who Makes This Medication?
Sorilux is made by DPT Laboratories, Ltd., for Stiefel Laboratories, Inc.
How Does Sorilux Work?
Sorilux is a synthetic form of vitamin D. It is not entirely clear how this medicine works to treat plaque psoriasis.
When and How to Use It
Some general considerations to keep in mind during treatment with Sorilux include the following:
- Sorilux comes in the form of a foam and is usually applied twice daily to the affected areas. Make sure to rub it in gently and completely.
- Make sure to keep Sorilux away from the eyes.
- Wash your hands after applying this product, unless you are treating your hands.
- Avoid excessive sun exposure on areas of the body where Sorilux has been applied.
- Avoid smoking or flames during and immediately following application, due to the flammable nature of the product.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be used as prescribed. Sorilux will not work if you stop using it.