Psoriasis Home > Generic Temovate
All of the patents for Temovate (clobetasol propionate) have expired, and generic versions of the medicine are available. Generic Temovate is sold under the name Clobetasol Propionate and comes as a cream, an ointment, a gel, an emollient cream, and a topical solution. All of the generic versions have received an "AB" or "AT" rating by the FDA, meaning these generics are equivalent to the brand-name products.
Can I Buy Generic Temovate?Temovate® (clobetasol propionate) is a prescription skin medication. It is a topical steroid that is applied directly on the affected areas of the skin twice a day. This medicine comes in the form of a gel, a cream, an emollient cream, an ointment, and a topical solution.
- Clobetasol propionate 0.05% gel
- Clobetasol propionate 0.05% topical solution (for use on the scalp)
- Clobetasol propionate 0.05% cream
- Clobetasol propionate 0.05% emollient cream
- Clobetasol propionate 0.05% ointment.
Who Makes Generic Temovate?Generic versions of this medicine are made by various manufacturers, including:
- Glenmark Pharmaceuticals
- Hi-Tech Pharmacal Company, Inc.
- Taro Pharmaceuticals USA, Inc.