Psoriasis Home > Olux
When and How to Use ItSome general considerations to keep in mind during treatment with Olux include the following:
- This medication is typically used twice a day. In general, about a capful is used (about the size of a golf ball).
- Turn the canister upside down and dispense the medicine into the cap, onto a saucer (or other cool surface), or directly to the affected area. Dispensing it into a hand is not recommended (unless you are treating your hands), as it begins to melt immediately upon contact with warm skin.
- Gently massage the foam into the affected area, and then wash your hands immediately.
- Do not apply the medicine to the face, underarms, or groin areas.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be used as prescribed.
Dosing InformationThere is only one standard dose for this medication. As always, do not adjust your dosage unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
Side Effects of OluxJust like any medicine, Olux may cause side effects. However, not everyone who uses the drug will experience problems. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well.
- A burning sensation
- Other skin reactions.