Psoriasis Home > Olux Dosage
With Olux, the dosage is the same for everyone. Usually, approximately one capful of the foam is applied to the affected areas of the skin twice daily for up to two weeks. It is important to not use more than 21 capfuls each week. Contact your healthcare provider if your skin condition has not improved within two weeks.
An Introduction to Dosing With OluxThere is only one standard dose of Olux® (clobetasol propionate foam). As is always the case, do not adjust your dosage unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
Olux Dosage for Skin ConditionsThe standard dose for regular Olux is no more than 1½ capfuls (about the size of a golf ball), applied twice a day. For the alcohol-free emollient formulation (Olux-E), the dosage is "about a capful" applied twice a day.
Do not use more than 21 capfuls in a week, and do not use for more than two weeks in a row. Olux is a highly potent steroid. In general, you should stop using it as soon as your skin condition improves (up to two weeks).
General Information on Using OluxSome considerations to keep in mind during treatment with Olux include the following:
- This medication is typically used twice a day. In general, about a capful is used (about the size of a golf ball).
- Turn the canister upside down and dispense the medicine into the cap, onto a saucer (or other cool surface), or directly to the affected area. Dispensing it into a hand is not recommended (unless you are treating your hands), as it begins to melt immediately upon contact with warm skin.
- Gently massage the foam into the affected area, and then wash your hands immediately.
- Do not apply to the face, underarms, or groin areas.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be used as prescribed.
- If you are unsure about anything related to dosing with Olux, please talk to your healthcare provider or pharmacist.