Psoriasis Home > DesOwen Dosage
If your healthcare provider prescribes DesOwen, the dosage will depend on the type and severity of the skin condition being treated. In general, a thin layer of the medicine is applied to the affected areas two to three times a day. If your skin problem has not improved after two weeks of using DesOwen, you may need to use a different product.
An Introduction to Dosing With DesOwenThe dose of DesOwen® (desonide) your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending mostly on the type and severity of the skin condition you are treating. As is always the case, do not adjust your dosage unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
DesOwen Dosage for Skin ConditionsFor treating itching or inflammation due to a wide variety of skin conditions (such as psoriasis, eczema, or atopic dermatitis), the standard starting dose is a thin layer applied to the affected area(s) of the skin two to three times a day. Wash your hands after applying the medicine, unless you are treating your hands.
If no improvement is seen within two weeks, talk with your healthcare provider about a different treatment approach.
General Information on Using DesOwenSome considerations to keep in mind during treatment with DesOwen include the following:
- This medication is usually applied to the affected area(s) two to three times a day.
- Apply the medication sparingly; only a thin film is necessary.
- It is not recommended to use a nonbreathable dressing, such as a bandage, over DesOwen.
- For the lotion, make sure to shake the bottle well before each use.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be used as prescribed.
- If you are unsure about anything related to dosing with DesOwen, please talk to your healthcare provider or pharmacist.