Psoriasis Home > Derma-Smoothe
When and How to Use ItSome general considerations to keep in mind during treatment include the following:
- This medication comes as an oil. The body oil is normally applied to the affected areas of the skin two to three times a day. The scalp oil is applied to the scalp in the evening, and left on overnight.
- You only need a thin layer of this medicine for it to work. Using more than recommended increases your risk for side effects, without necessarily making it any more effective.
- Make sure to wash your hands before and after applying the medicine.
- When using the scalp oil, you will cover your scalp with the supplied shower cap after applying the medicine. Do not use a dressing or bandage over the body oil, unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so; covering this medicine with a bandage may increase your risk for side effects.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be used as prescribed. Do not use this medicine longer or more often than prescribed.