Psoriasis Home > Derma-Smoothe Dosage
The specific dosing instructions for Derma-Smoothe will depend on your age and the reason you are using this medication. The body oil is applied to the affected areas of the skin two to three times daily, while the scalp oil is only applied in the evening before bedtime and left on overnight. You only need to use a thin layer of this oil.
An Introduction to Dosing With Derma-SmootheThe dose of Derma-Smoothe/FS® (fluocinolone oil) your healthcare provider recommends may vary, depending on your age and the reason you are using the medicine. As is always the case, do not adjust your dosage unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
What Is the Recommended Derma-Smoothe Dosage for Atopic Dermatitis?The recommended dose of Derma-Smoothe body oil for treating atopic dermatitis in adults is a thin layer of oil applied to the affected area(s) of the skin three times daily. The recommended dosage for treating atopic dermatitis in children is a thin layer of oil applied to the affected area(s) twice daily, for up to four weeks.
Only apply the oil to the affected area of the skin, and use just enough to cover the area. Ask your healthcare provider how long you should use the medication.
Derma-Smoothe Dose for Scalp PsoriasisTo use Derma-Smoothe scalp oil for treating scalp psoriasis, first wet or dampen your hair and scalp. Then apply a thin layer of oil to the scalp, and massage well. Cover your hair with the supplied shower cap and leave the medicine on overnight (or for at least four hours) before washing it off with shampoo. Ask your healthcare provider how long you should use the medication.
General Information on Using Derma-SmootheSome considerations to keep in mind during treatment with Derma-Smoothe include the following:
- This medication comes in the form of an oil. The body oil is normally applied to the affected areas of the skin two to three times a day. The scalp oil is normally applied to the scalp in the evening before bedtime, and left on overnight.
- Apply only a thin layer of this medicine to the affected area(s) of your skin. You will not need more than a thin layer.
- Make sure to wash your hands before and after applying the medicine.
- When using the scalp oil, you will cover your scalp with the supplied shower cap after applying the medicine. Do not use a dressing or bandage over the body oil unless your healthcare provider tells you to do so; covering the medicine with a bandage may increase your risk for side effects.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be used as prescribed. Do not use this medicine longer or more often than directed, as doing so will increase your risk for side effects.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your Derma-Smoothe dosage, please talk with your healthcare provider or pharmacist.