Psoriasis Home > Cyclosporine
Are There Side Effects?Just like any medicine, cyclosporine may cause side effects. However, not everyone who takes the drug will experience problems. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well.
Important Information for Your Healthcare ProviderTalk with your healthcare provider before taking this medication if you have:
- Kidney disease, such as kidney failure (renal failure)
- Liver disease, such as hepatitis, cirrhosis, or liver failure
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- Low cholesterol
- Lymphoma, skin cancer, or any other type of cancer
- An infection of any kind
- Plans to receive a vaccine
- Been told you have low levels of magnesium in your blood
- Ever been treated with ultraviolet light therapy, coal tar, radiation therapy, or medications that suppress the immune system
- Any allergies, including to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Cyclosporine and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Cyclosporine and Breastfeeding).