Psoriasis Home > Cyclocort Side Effects
Side Effects to ReportSome side effects of Cyclocort are potentially serious and should be reported to your healthcare provider right away. These include but are not limited to:
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- High blood sugar (hyperglycemia) or diabetes
- Ruptured tendons
- Psychotic reactions, such as hallucinations or extreme aggression
- Severe fluid retention
- Signs of an allergic reaction, such as:
- An unexplained rash
- Unexplained swelling, especially of the mouth, lips, or throat
- Difficulty breathing or swallowing.
Long-Term Cyclocort Side EffectsUsing steroids like Cyclocort over long periods can cause a different set of side effects. These reactions are more likely to be seen in people who use this medicine over a large area of the body for a long time. Some of the problems seen with long-term use might include:
- Weight gain
- Bulging eyes
- Fluid retention
- Loss of muscle
- Fat deposits on the face and back, causing a round face and a fatty hump on the back of the neck
- Stunted growth (in children).
Keep in mind that these effects are more common with systemic steroids, which are taken by mouth or injection, and are probably rare with Cyclocort when used as directed and for a short time.
Final ThoughtsYou may experience some or none of the side effects listed in this article. Unfortunately, there is no way for your healthcare provider to know beforehand if you will have problems with a medicine that you have never tried.
Therefore, make sure to let your healthcare provider know if you develop any side effects while using Cyclocort. Also, let your healthcare provider know if you develop something that "just does not seem right." While it may not be related to the medication, your healthcare provider will be able to diagnose and treat the problem.