Psoriasis Home > Cordran Tape Dosage
When using Cordran Tape, the dose consists of a strip of tape applied to the affected area two times a day. If the edges become loose, you can trim them off and apply fresh tape. Extended use of this steroidal product increases your risk of side effects, but it may be necessary in some cases. Ask your healthcare provider how long treatment should last.
An Introduction to Your Dosage of Cordran TapeThe standard recommended dosage for Cordran® Tape (flurandrenolide tape) varies, depending on the severity of the condition being treated and how you respond to the drug. As is the case with any medication, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
Cordran Tape Dosing InstructionsThe standard recommended dosage for Cordran Tape when treating itching or inflammation due to a wide variety of skin conditions (such as psoriasis or eczema) in adults is a strip of tape applied to the affected area twice a day.
In studies, replacing the tape twice a day produced the lowest risk for side effects. However, if your healthcare provider recommends, you may try replacing it just once a day, as long as the tape sticks well and doesn't cause bothersome or dangerous side effects.
Although Cordran Tape is designed to be as inconspicuous as possible, some people may want to use it only at night.
General Information on Using Cordran TapeSome considerations to keep in mind during treatment with Cordran Tape include the following:
- This medication is usually applied to the affected area(s) twice a day, although in some cases, applying it once a day will work.
- Gently clean the skin and thoroughly dry it before applying the tape. If you need to shower or bathe, do so before applying the tape.
- Cordran Tape will stick better if you can remove as much hair as possible by shaving or clipping the hair.
- Cut -- do not tear -- a piece of tape slightly larger than the area to be treated, round off the corners, and apply to the skin.
- If the edges loosen during the day, you may trim the loose parts and replace with fresh tape.
- Between doses, cleanse the skin and allow the area to dry and "breathe" for one hour before the next application.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be used as prescribed.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your dosage or Cordran Tape dosing in general, please talk with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.