Psoriasis Home > ApexiCon E Cream Dosage
Depending on the severity of your skin condition, the initial dosage of ApexiCon E Cream usually calls for a small amount to be applied to the affected areas of the skin one to three times daily. Talk to your healthcare provider about the length of time you should use this medicine. Do not use more ApexiCon E Cream than recommended or for extended periods.
An Introduction to Dosing With ApexiCon E CreamThe standard recommended dose for ApexiCon® E Cream (diflorasone emollient cream) varies, depending on the severity of the condition being treated. As is always the case, do not adjust your dosage unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
ApexiCon E Cream Dosage for Skin ConditionsThe standard dose for ApexiCon E Cream for treating itching or inflammation due to a wide variety of skin conditions, such as psoriasis, eczema, or allergic reactions, is a thin film applied to the affected area of the skin one to three times a day.
Although the prescribing information for ApexiCon E Cream does not mention a specific recommended length of treatment, it is standard to limit the use of steroids (including ApexiCon E Cream) to as short a period as possible to reduce the risk of serious problems. Make sure to discuss with your healthcare provider exactly how long you should use this medication.
General Information on Using ApexiCon E CreamSome considerations to keep in mind during treatment with ApexiCon E Cream include the following:
- Do not cover the medication with a dressing or bandage, unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so. This can help with absorption of ApexiCon E Cream into the bloodstream, but it also increases the risk for side effects.
- If your skin condition does not improve within two weeks, please check with your healthcare provider. A different treatment approach may be necessary.
- Do not apply a dose of ApexiCon E Cream to the face, underarm, or groin areas, unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be used as prescribed.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your dosage or ApexiCon E Cream dosing in general, please talk to your healthcare provider or pharmacist.