Kenalog Cream Dosage
With Kenalog cream, your dosage will primarily depend on the type and severity of your skin condition. The starting dosage is usually a thin layer of the cream applied to the affected areas two to four times daily. Your healthcare provider may recommend you cover the area with a dressing to improve the absorption and effectiveness of the drug.
An Introduction to Dosing With Kenalog CreamThe dose of Kenalog® cream (triamcinolone acetonide cream) your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending mostly on the type and severity of the skin condition being treated. As is always the case, do not adjust your dosage unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
Kenalog Cream Dosage for Skin ConditionsFor treating inflammation or itching due to a wide variety of skin conditions (such as psoriasis, eczema, or atopic dermatitis), the standard starting dose for Kenalog cream is a thin layer applied to the affected area(s) of the skin two to four times a day. Gently rub the cream into the skin, being careful not to damage the irritated skin. Wash your hands after applying the cream, unless you are treating your hands.
Your healthcare provider may recommend covering the cream with a dressing. Ask your healthcare provider or pharmacist for a recommendation for which type of dressing to use. Using a dressing might help improve the effectiveness of the drug, but it also increases the risk for Kenalog cream side effects.
If Kenalog cream is to be applied to the diaper area of young children, do not use tight-fitting diapers or "plastic pants," as they may increase the absorption of the drug. Breathable fabrics or diapers should be used.
General Information on Using Kenalog CreamSome considerations to keep in mind during treatment with Kenalog cream include the following:
- This medication is usually applied to the affected area(s) of the skin two to four times daily.
- Apply only a thin film; applying a thick layer is unnecessary and wasteful.
- If your healthcare provider recommends that you do so, you may apply a dressing over the cream. Ask your healthcare provider or pharmacist for a recommendation for which type of dressing to use.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be used as prescribed.
- If you are unsure about anything related to dosing with Kenalog cream, please talk to your healthcare provider or pharmacist.