Cordran Tape Side Effects
Side Effects to ReportSome side effects with steroids like Cordran Tape are potentially serious and should be reported immediately to your healthcare provider. These include but are not limited to:
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- High blood sugar (hyperglycemia) or diabetes
- Ruptured tendons
- Psychotic reactions, such as hallucinations or extreme aggression
- Severe fluid retention
- Signs of an allergic reaction, such as:
- Unexplained rash
- Unexplained swelling.
In general, these serious reactions are unlikely to occur when Cordran Tape is used as directed for a short period. Applying too much, over too large an area, and for too long may increase the risk of serious side effects. Keep in mind that Cordran Tape is a highly potent steroid, so serious side effects are more likely, compared with less potent steroids.
Long-Term Cordran Tape Side EffectsUsing steroids for a long time can cause a different set of side effects. These reactions are most likely to be seen in people who use Cordran Tape over a large area of the body for a long period, and might include:
- Weight gain
- Bulging eyes
- Fluid retention
- Loss of muscle
- Fat deposits on the face and back, causing a round face and a fatty hump on the back of the neck
- Stunted growth (in children).
Keep in mind that such problems are much more common with systemic steroids (taken by mouth or injection) and are probably relatively rare with Cordran Tape.