When and How to Use Cordran TapeSome general considerations to keep in mind during treatment with Cordran Tape include the following:
- This medication is usually applied to the affected area(s) twice a day, although in some cases applying it once a day will work.
- Gently clean the skin and thoroughly dry it before applying the tape. If you need to shower or bathe, do so before applying the drug.
- Cordran Tape will stick better if you can remove as much hair as possible by shaving or clipping the hair.
- Cut -- do not tear -- a piece of tape slightly larger than the area to be treated, round off the corners, and apply to the skin.
- If the edges loosen during the day, you may trim the loose parts and replace with fresh tape.
- Between applications, cleanse the skin and allow the area to dry and "breathe" for one hour before the next application.
- For Cordran Tape to work properly, it must be used as prescribed.
Dosing InformationThe recommended dosage of this medication varies, depending on the severity of the condition being treated and how you tolerate it. As always, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
(Click Cordran Tape Dosage for more information.)