ApexiCon E Cream Side Effects
Side Effects to ReportSome side effects of steroids, including ApexiCon E Cream, are potentially serious and should be reported immediately to your healthcare provider. These include but are not limited to:
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- High blood sugar (hyperglycemia) or diabetes
- Ruptured tendons
- Psychotic reactions, such as hallucinations or extreme aggression
- Severe fluid retention
- Signs of an allergic reaction, such as:
- An unexplained rash
- Unexplained swelling
- Difficulty breathing or swallowing.
In general, these serious reactions are extremely unlikely to occur when ApexiCon E Cream is used as directed for a short time. Applying too much, over too large an area, and for extended periods may increase the risk for serious steroidal side effects.
Long-Term ApexiCon E Cream Side EffectsUsing steroids like ApexiCon E Cream over long periods can cause a different set of side effects. These reactions are most likely to be seen in people who use this medicine over a large area of the body for a long time. Some of the problems seen with long-term use might include:
- Weight gain
- Bulging eyes
- Fluid retention
- Loss of muscle
- Fat deposits on the face and back, causing a round face and a fatty hump on the back of the neck
- Stunted growth (in children).
Keep in mind that these reactions are more common with systemic steroids, which are taken by mouth or injection, and are probably rare with ApexiCon E Cream when used as directed and for a short time.